- Poor quality reception – patchy 3G coverage with interruptions
- Slow start up speed – The time taken to access the service through menu structures and connection time was between two and five minutes
- Cost – flat rate vs pay-as-you-go issues were raised in the study
- Usability -Many aspects of the service were simply considered unnecessarily complicated to use
- On screen displays – such as details of current show and channel were considered important
- Programme guides – not easily available
This research proves that there is a demand for mobile TV but that it’s currently being stifled by poor design and implementation. If operators could make their services easy to use and competitively priced then there is a real opportunity to become a valuable tool for people with time to kill.
For more information or to receive a full version of the report: contact Patrick Herridge Parys Communications. [email protected]