Intel Germany’s Morrow Project (“Uber Morgen“) has commissioned four writers — Douglas Rushkoff, Ray Hammond, Scarlett Thomas and Markus Heitz — to produce science fictional pieces on the future that the company can use in its own planning. Intel has also released free ebooks and podcasts of the works in German and English.
“The Morrow-Project” is a unique literary project which shows the important effects that contemporary research will have on our future and the relevance that this research has for each of us. Research currently being conducted by Intel in the fields of photonics, robotics, telematics, dynamic physical rendering and intelligent sensors served as the basis to inspire four bestselling authors. The results are four short stories which paint amusing, thought-provoking and hopeful pictures of our future.
– All in one (podcast | pdf)
– Last Day of Work – by Douglas Rushkoff (podcast)
– The Mercy Dash – by Ray Hammond (podcast)
– The Drop – by Scarlett Thomas (podcast)
– The Blink of an Eye – by Markus Heitz (podcast)