BBC unveils radical revamp of website [The Guardian]
Ashley Highfield, the BBC director of new media and technology, also announced proposals to put the corporation’s entire programme catalogue online for the first time from tomorrow in written archive form, as an “experimental prototype”, and rebrand MyBBCPlayer as BBC iPlayer.
Mr Highfield’s presentation, Beyond Broadcast, outlined a three-pronged approach to refocus all future BBC digital output and services around three concepts – “share”, “find” and “play”.
– Read full story
– Related story (The Financial Times)
– BBC press release
UPDATE 26 April 2006
The BBC Creative Future review has attracted extensive commentary in the Media Guardian:
– BBC chief unveils plan for future and warns of losing young viewers (by Owen Gibson)
– BBC reaches out to new generation (by Ben Dowell)
– BBC reveals broadband ambitions (by Julia Day)
– Rivals round on BBC initiative (by Stephen Brook and Chris Tryhorn)
The Media Guardian also published a synthesis with the key points of the Creative Review, as well as the full speech of Mark Thompson, the BBC’s director general.