In this edition of Ask UXmatters (a series curated by Janet M. Six), an eight-person expert panel looks at the importance of considering the fundamental principles of great design â€” not just UX design principles, but design principles in general. The panel also discusses how great UX design takes place within organizations, looking at this topic on many different levels:
- How can you create great designs when working with a variety of designers with different backgrounds and while working within the constraints of project-defined goals?
- How can the presence of User Experience at the C-level and, in general, garnering support from the C-level affect our ability to implement great designs?
- How can we produce great designs in a repeatable manner? Keep reading for the answers to all of these important questions?
The following eight experts have contributed answers to this edition of Ask UXmatters:
- Leo Frishberg, Product Design Manager at Intel Corporation
- Pabini Gabriel-Petit, Principal Consultant at Strategic UX; Publisher and Editor in Chief, UXmatters; Founding Director of Interaction Design Association (IxDA); UXmatters columnist
- Peter Hornsby, Web Design and UX Manager at Royal London; UXmatters columnist
- Jordan Julien, Independent Experience Strategy Consultant
- Jim Nieters, Global Head, User Experience, of HPâ€™s Consumer Travel Division; UXmatters columnist
- Eryk Pastwa, Vice President of Design at Creatix
- Daniel Szuc, Principal and Cofounder of Apogee Usability Asia Ltd.
- Jo Wong, Principal and Cofounder of Apogee Usability Asia Ltd