RE:activism | Re-drawing the boundaries of activism in a new media environment
An interesting conference RE:activism | Re-drawing the Boundaries of Activism in a New Media environment (unfortunately, the site’s Flash version is really annoying) will take place October 14-15, 2005, in Budapest, Hungary.
The conference, which is is co-organised by four prestigious international institutions, is structured around eight panels, each of them representing an approach from which the transformative potential of new media can be meaningfully addressed.
- Political economy of peer production networks
- State intervention and regulatory issues in the information age
- Digital culture jamming
- Digitalised memory: new forms of archiving and journalism
- Civic uses of new media technologies
- New media and global civil society
- New media and democratic elections
- New media activism and the urban fabric