SAP has become the first major sponsor of the Interaction Design Foundation (IDF), writes Gerd Waloszek on the SAP Design Guild blog.
- Free Textbooks: 100+ expert authors on how to design interactive systems. Used by universities and tech companies around the world.
- Free Educational Videos: HD video interviews with leading technology designers and professors. Filmed around the world.
- Free Educational Images: Royalty-free images suitable for learning, teaching, publications or just plain fun.
- Free Wiki Bibliography: The world’s largest wiki bibliography. A goldmine of research on designing interactive products.
- Free Toolbox: A curated toolbox of essential products/tools for interaction designers. Our paying members get significant discounts.
- Free Conference Calendar: A curated calendar of great conferences â€“ ideal opportunities for learning and professional networking.
In addition, IDF supports a professionals association that “is meant for those who want to invest in their career” (membership cost is $98). Thanks to SAP’s sponsorship, membership in this association and access to the resources is free for SAP employees (they will find the respective information on SAP-internal Websites).
In the future, IDF will, among others, cooperate closely with SAP’s new User Experience Community.
IDF is overseen and guided by a distinguished executive board of industry experts and leaders in the field of high tech, software design, and user experience. Members include Michael Arent from SAP and SAP’s former Vice President of User Experience Dan Rosenberg.