A manifesto to connect experience design with content thinking
Under the title “Content re-framing: A digital disruption survival kit“, Bas Evers and Peter Bogaards have launched a manifesto to connect experience design with content thinking.
New challenges are upon us content people. The era of digital disruption requires adaptation at many levels by anyone involved with content, whatever its form or shape. As content crusaders, we want to point the road to travel with 10 imperatives:
“Old School” and cutting-dege content organizations and professionals all face the same challenge of inventing and discovering mechanisms, rules and principles of unknown territories for content application.
With this manifesto, we intend to reduce the friction in our collective journey of credible, useful, and relevant content for the digital era.
The 10 imperatives:
1. Grok the nature of digital content
2. Think of content like finance, as oxygen
3. Shape content to fit everybody
4. Create content for customers, not for yourself
5. Empower others to (re)find your content
6. Determine content first, container next
7. Innovate in single content item delivery
8. Extend management dashboards with content controls
9. Materialize the added value of content
10. Act as a content entrepreneur