Changing Behaviour is an action research project. Researchers and practitioners work together to develop, test and refine tools for improved interaction that are sensitive to context, timing and the needs of different users and stakeholders.
Changing Behaviour is an ongoing European project that is funded by the EU 7th Framework Programme Energy theme. The project partners are from Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands and the UK.
This project aims to support the shift toward end-user services in European energy policy. It will
- develop a sophisticated but practical model of end-user behaviour and stakeholder interaction
- integrate knowledge of context (e.g., national culture and institutions), timing and actors into energy demand management practice
- pilot the transfer of context-tailored demand side programmes from one European country to another
- create a toolkit for practitioners to manage the social and technical change involved in demand management programmes (i.e., energy efficiency and renewable-based end-user generation).
– project presentation
– case studies
– articles and conference papers