Experientia is looking for an outstanding Senior Service Designer with specific experience in either healthcare, energy, circular economy and/or the mobility industry. You will work in our Turin, Italy office.
The Senior Service Designer will have experience leading a team of behavioural analysts and service modellers in research and service design projects lasting from one to several months in international environments.
The ideal candidate will have excellent service design skills, with process oriented and methodical thinking, and experience in designing complex service ecosystems using a human-centred design methodology. Good knowledge of various qualitative research methods is required – including ethnographic observations, contextual interviews, heuristic and formative evaluations, usability testing and knowledge of how to translate these into the design process. They will have experience in analysis of field research results, creating research-based personas, customer journey maps, behavioural models and service models.
- Scope, plan, lead and work on service design projects and lead the client on a professional level
- Define future customer journeys across channels and touchpoints for some of the world’s leading international brands .
- Present to clients, and facilitate and develop workshops and co-creation sessions
- Lead, guide and mentor junior and mid-level designers
- Help shape and develop service design methods and tools within Experientia
- Understand the parameters of a design problem and translate user research and usability findings into insights, behavioural models and tangible service models (personas, customer journey maps, opportunity maps, concept ideation etc.) and help the design team to transfer insights into effective appropriate design deliverables
- Conceptualize service maps and touchpoints from early ideas to detailed solutions
- Identify tools, resources, methods, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger Experientia community
- Work independently, or in teams and in close conjunction with the partners, to produce delightful services
Relevant experience and mindset
- A skilled professional with 5+ years working experience in the field of service design, preferably in an agency and for the industries mentioned above, and with a proven track record of designing products and services with clients that have gone to market
- University and/or advanced degree(s) in Service Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or similar
- A strong facilitator and presenter
- An expert who knows the common service design tools, methods and processes
- Experienced in planning and conducting qualitative user research . Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Able to use relevant software (Adobe CS, …)
- Strong ability to synthesise complex research findings into thematic insights that reflect diverse social, cultural and user contexts
- Understanding of how and why services succeed or fail and ability to spot likely problems in strategy, positioning, customer journey engagement, touchpoints, interaction flow, or presentation before roll-out
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
… And we would like you to be
- Flexible and willing to travel when projects require it
- Excellent communicator in Italian and English
- Constantly updated on the latest developments/trends/thinking within your field and share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a motivational cover letter in English, an English CV, and possible other supporting materials to [email protected]. Your application should be accompanied by a pdf or portfolio or link to an online portfolio. We would like to see a range of final deliverables and interim deliverables created during the course a project. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted, and specify the studio and role you are applying for.