“MAYA Design is juicing innovation by teaching techies design basics.
The 50-member team of computer scientists, psychologists, designers, engineers, and anthropologists dedicates 30% of its resources to researching how humans and technology will interact 10 years from now, thanks in part to $20 million in funding from the Department of Defense. The other 70% goes to applying those lessons for MAYA’s corporate clients, helping to craft everything from washing machines to wearable computers for companies including Bayer, GE, and Whirlpool.”
How a little lab called MAYA is giving firms such as Emerson and General Dynamics an innovation boost. Fast Company reports.