The people behind the upcoming Interaction14 conference invite you to attend a panel discussion in Milan on the “Long View of Interaction Design”.
On Monday 8 April at 6pm (on the eve of the Salone del Mobile), Claudio Moderini, Fabio Sergio, Jan-Christoph Zoels and Todd S. Harple will debate with Alok Nandi on how to design for those interaction design challenges that go beyond the immediate consumer product/service launch cycle.
What if your interaction design has to be integrated in a hospital or a building or a city? How do you design if your creation has to last 10, 20 or even more years into the future? What tools can you use as an interaction designer? How do you make it adaptive and resilient? How to avoid obsolescence?
- Anna Meroni, Assistant professor of service and strategic design, Polytechnic University of Milan (IT)
- Claudio Moderini (@claudiomoderini), Director of the Master Programme in Interaction Design at Domus Academy, Milan (IT)
- Fabio Sergio (@freegorifero), Executive Creative Director, frog design, Milan (IT)
- Jan-Christoph Zoels, Founding Partner and Creative Director, Experientia, Turin (IT)
- Todd S. Harple (@tharple), Research Scientist / Anthropologist / Ethnographer, Intel Corporation, Hillsboro (USA)
- Alok Nandi (@aloknandi), Chair of Interaction14, Amsterdam (NL) and moderator of the discussion
Attendance: free and open to the public
Location: Domus Academy, via Carlo Darwin 20, Milan (Navigli area)
Live streaming: Yes! The event will be available in streaming live (and recorded for viewing afterwards). Join us on Monday at 6pm Italy time by clicking here.
Sponsor in kind: Domus Academy (thank you!)
Disclosure: I am the behind the scenes organizer of it all.