Through its research it aims to radically reinvent and design the connections between people, ideas, physical places and information technologies in order to improve peoples’ life through meaningful experiences.
Ongoing projects are:
- Smart Mobility: Rethinking Paris Bus line
- Designing interactive bus stops
- Metro 2.0: smart crowds
- Elens: rethinking the pedestrian experience
- Connecting Pitti: reinventing fashion trade shows
- Zambana Vecchia: designing green villages
- Castel Pulci, a center for research, innovation and business development
in the fashion industry
The lab is run by Dr. Federico Casalegno, who worked at Motorola and at MIT’s Smart Cities group. Casalegno holds a Ph.D. in Sociology of Culture and Communication from the Sorbonne University, Paris V (July 2000), with a focus on mediated communication and social interaction in networked communities and wired cities.