The high-level conference, which also featured Peter DrÃ¶ll, the European Commission’s Head of Innovation Policy, was organised by the SEE project, a network of eleven European partners engaging with national and regional governments to integrate design into innovation policy.
The summary of the event is now available on pages 10 to 12 of the latest SEE Bulletin, the only publication entirely dedicated to exploring matters related to design policies and programmes for design support.
Also in the publication:
– A discussion on design supply and demand and the policy repercussions by Dr Qian Sun of the University of Salford;
– A policy map with interviews from Italy, Finland, Estonia and South Korea;
– Background on Dublinâ€™s bid For World Design Capital 2014;
– Case study on Argentinaâ€™s seminar programme â€˜Design and Business, Concepts that Mergeâ€™;
– Case study on Walesâ€™ Service Design Programme;
– A short concluding reflection on the SEE project legacy.
(Conference presentation and audio recordings are also available for download)