To better define the vision and the concept of the lab, the academy has invited some authorities in the field for a one day conference on Friday 29 September. Nathan Shedroff will deliver the keynote address. Other speakers include:
- Fiona Raby – Royal College of Art, London, UK
- François Jégou – Solutioning Design & Domus Academy
- Ralf Beuker –Zollverein Essen Heritage, Germany
- Wim Dries – Deputy Mayor of Urban Planning, City of Genk, Belgium
- Jan-Christoph Zoels – Experientia & ex-Interaction Design Institute Ivrea, Italy
- Jan Kriekels – Jaga Radiator Factory, Belgium
- Nik Baerten – Pantopicon, Belgium
- Jan Boelen – Z33 Limburg, Belgium
- Jef GabriÃ«ls – Mayor, City of Genk, Belgium
Experientia partner Mark Vanderbeeken myself will moderate one of the sessions. The project is guided by academy director Henk Heuts, project manager Jan Louis De Bruyn and programme manager Virginia Tassinari. Virginia, who only last year moved to Belgium from Italy, coordinates the content development of the lab and is one of the driving forces behind its visioning.
The event, which will be held in English, is open to an interested public, so if you are near that area, do register on their website.
The Experience Design Lab and the C-Mine project in general are endeavours close to our heart, since they are sited in an area Mark grew up in, embody a social and engaged vision of design, and are driven by a dynamic group of young people.